KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

KAMI the Concert @ Bukit Jalil Stadium Carpark


This was meant to be the gig. Of the month. Of the whole 'Kami' chain of gigs. This was it. But maybe it was due to the way I felt when I woke up in the morning, going "Awgh, I'm not in the mood for anything" that made it seem much less than the it gig. But all in all, because of the people I was with, and the bands that played, it was still an awesome, moshable, hardcore, funky day.


Left home at around 1.30pm with Wan, and parked the car at Bangsar to take an LRT to B.Jalil. Took the wrong transit train and went towards the Ampang Line so we had to go back one station. We were worried we were heading for the wrong train, but when we noticed we were surrounded by people with skinnies and indie clothes, our worries wiped away instantaneously. Haha.

Reached Bukit Jalil LRT Station and received a big ass "CELINE" from above the staircases. Looked up to find Sam, Syamil, Wan (rocker Wan a.k.a Moshi), and other dudes waving at me, telling me to wait up. Immediately, I was plunged into a group to follow. Ah, luck always flows my way when it's coming to this. Hahaha.


They introduced me probably the youngest mosher I know, I think he's about 12? He was tagging along with all of us (I forgot his name ARGH!). Syamil and I named him Adik Pfft, because he managed to say 'Pfft', which was me and Syamil's word. HAHAHA. Kak Pfft, Bang Pfft dan Adik Pfft. XD


So anyway, after a long time of waiting for no one in particular, we headed to where the gig was held, and was thrilled to find out I was able to reach in time to watch Plague of Happiness! YES! So I did, and they were well energetic! The air was thick because it had just finished raining, so everyone felt the humidity crashing on us which explained why we didn't skank as much as we could've. The sound system was crap. The mic's were either too loud or too soft, and so were the amps. GOSH!







After Plague, I went to catch a breather before going into the crowd again for Couple and then for Laila's Lounge. I lost the whole gang by then, which really sucked coz it's so boring being in the crowd alone with no one you know. Heck, I didn't see Wan for the whole day after this! That was period was just me zipping in and out of the crowd, before finally bumping into Fad, who came as a photographer for his friend's band Jeopardice. Went back to Durjana's booth, where I finally got some time to spend with Azam and waited for Moshi, Sam and all to turn up again. Found them, and Syamil asked who was playing and I went "They Will Kill Us All". But I had said it while pulling up my bra, so he was like, "Oh, *pulls his shirt like pulling his nipples* They will kill us all, lah?" HAHAH Retard. By the end of the night, that was the "Syamil and Celine" thing. He would sing "Wait a Minute" and do that. And I would be like "Hi Syamil" while pulling my shirt. Hilarious. xD




Anyway, went to buy some drinks with Kolep and Azam, then headed into the crowd with Syamil, Moshi and Sam, to skank to The Aggrobeats. Waited for Koffin Kanser to start so Moshi, Sam, Syamil and I could mosh. When they played, wow the crowd was crazyyyyy. Moshi was not convinced that I could mosh, so Sam did the - annoying - honors of pulling me back every time I tried to mosh. Finally, I was like, STOP PULLING ME BACK, and he laughed, getting the message. He then pushed me out into the mosh circle when I least expected it so by the time I could duck my head down to mosh, I received one punch under my left eye by some random dude. I didn't even realize I was punched, but I just went up to him, giving him the "Wanna fight?" look, and everyone thought I was for real! HAHAHA, but guys, honestly that was just my drama student side in action :) I meant it as a joke! People were pulling me back, and going "It's just for fun, it's just for fun!" and I'm like "I KNOW ARGH!". Then I had about 20 seconds of fame because people were shaking my hand, patting my shoulder, rubbing my head in respect coz they couldn't believe I was a girl. Hah, in yo faces! After the mosh, Moshi and Sam collapsed in leg cramps, which I found particularly amusing, and had to spend 5 minutes convincing Moshi that I was joking when I looked so angry. Finally he got the message and was lyk "Oh... I LIKE YOU MAN! HAHA, next time it'll be me punching your eye, okay?" Hahaha, stupid. I retaliated and said "No, you don't need to, you mosh with a stupid towel that slaps everyone in the face, I think that's enough..."



Anyway, went to get some ice for Moshi's leg and my eye, and chilled for the longest time. Didn't go back in the crowd until night time. Just sat around, buying drinks, talking, lying on the floor, talking, singing, talking, taking pictures, yeah you get the point. :)
Had a personal talk with Sam, of which we spent our time talking about his ex who had passed away, and family issues, personal issues, and whatnot. It was a real KAMI moment, especially when we quoted their slogan. "Hidup ini memang palat, tapi esok masih ada."
Moshi and Sam had masks to wear for 'mosh protection'. LMAO kinda cool masks actually, but I wouldn't wear those, though Moshi had suggested me wearing one. But I just might, so I can mosh freely without worrying people will think I'm a girl or worrying about getting hit smack middle in the face hahaha!


Went in for a while with Azam and Kolep for Pop Shuvit's Mara Bahaya, got bored, came back out, went back in for One Buck Short, Syamil and I got bored, so we went back out. HAHAHA. Didn't mosh to Bittersweet, because I did last Saturday and since Moshi wasn't a fan of theirs, I didn't mind sitting out. Lay on the ground which was when I had a nice chat with Sam. Whoo.

It was then that Haziq (my best mate, Fiona's boyfriend) messages me to say he's in the area, so I went to meet him at Durjana. Went back to find Syamil and gang and saw them shaking hands with the boy I met in the crowds during Kami Raya at Central Market, Arul. GOSH it's like everybody knows everybody! That's when I officially befriended him and kept in contact after. HAHA.


Rushed out of the venue to the LRT station to get tickets before the stations shut down. 11.30pm was the time, by then. Chilled waiting for no one in particular again. They did that a lot. Even when I had gone back home, and SMSed Sam, he was like "We're waiting for no one in particular again". HAHAHA

All in all, good gig which gave me a good way of letting me remember it! (Stupid bruise...) The highlights of the gig wasn't really about the bands, but really about the people I was with, which I guess does celebrate what KAMI is all about, doesn't it?

Celine wishes the day never ended.

1 comment:

mell said...

*ambil t d tmpt pelik*
hi celine!
love this blog dude !