KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Pints LIVE in KL @ One Cafe, Jln TAR

After a day of shopping with my mom and buying flight tickets and whatnot, I headed to One Cafe where Mia was already chilling. Sooner than later, all the friends started arriving... but the crowd remained stagnant, small and bare.








































We had no idea what was happening with the gig, it was already 9.30pm when finally Apis came around giving us small pieces of papers to check out what number our band would be playing. Rotten Ruckus was 3rd. So that meant neither Nindy nor Mia could stay for the show. Goddamet!

First up was Carbon4Teen, who are always good and always fun to listen to or watch. Chatted with a few of the guys from The Pints + their friends, and bought some drinks while enjoying C4Teen and Kids on the Move who were after them.

I didn't get any photos of any other band because my friend, Moe, was holding it and the battery was too low and he wanted to grab some pics of us onstage... so sorry guys, I guess all you're getting is a review hehe. Per usual, KOTM were full of energy and Min again pounded the drums with vigor. The Pints were glad I had recommended this band for them to check out and were amazed.

Next up was us! Was a pretty sight to see all our friends already in front of the stage, waiting to jump around to our songs and sing along. :P Rotten Ruckus, raw and fast. Here are some picturesss...













































































































After us was Pusher, followed by T.I.M and finally The Pints. This was my pathetically first time catching Pusher live and it was great for me, despite the instrument fuck ups we always get at One Cafe. It was a good sound, a good band, good influences (The Clash!)... Even the Australian guys liked 'em. T.I.M, biasalah, always amazing, Tim and his guitarfingers... blows my mind.

It's a real pain that I didn't get any pictures of The Pints on stage, but at least it wasn't like the Miles Away gig where I didn't even frigging catch the band and paid for nothing! Sigh.... That was why I didn't review that gig... Yup.

Anyway, The Pints were great, always awesome to catch a drummer singing as well, and this guy was mentallll. Great stuff. They played a long set of short songs, the one title I remembered was "Old people should grow up". Funny stuff. I loved their music, they're awesome people, and we took them out drinking after the show.














Celine loves a little bit of punk rock!

1 comment:

Shah Amirul said...

tak dapat pi tapi cam best je :P