KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

U.O.X Play @ Sungei Wang Rooftop


This cracked me up so bad.

After spending a whole night staying up, surviving on Red Bull, I still wasn't stopped from thinking "Man, I'm going to this gig!". Because... I really wanted to go! Plus, I had to go as I was running some errands for my Singaporean gig anyway... ANYHOO.

Fiona and I left my house at around 3pm something, grabbed some KFC with family, and my auntie dropped us off at KL Central Monorail where we took the train straight to Sungei Wang. Followed some gig-goers who were looking for the way to the rooftop, only to get lost, with them, and realized we were in the completely wrong direction. So what did I do? Typical: I called Kolep. Kolep to the rescue! As usual... hahaha. Passed him our bags to take to the clothes booth, because I didn't want to go near the booth (my ex, Azam, who was being a bit awkward, was there, so I wanted to save trouble from erupting). The guards didn't allow me to bring outside drinks so I had to down my Red Bull in like... 3 seconds... Sugar rush-much!

Glad to have found our way to the rooftop, but turned back to get some credit with Kolep, and went to the monorail station again to wait for Trett to arrive. Back from Aussie and ready to gig with me again! :) Again, he came alone, the poor thing, because Mon (once again) ditched him, and John wasn't in the mood to gig.. So... yeah. He was again the only white skinned dude in the crowd. BAHAHA.

Missed Bunkface, as planned, and headbumped to Bus Company. Strolled into the crowds to get ready for 40 Winks! WOOHOO! Couldn't wait to see them perform because I haven't seen them since JUNE! That's a killer. Was very ecstatic for their performance, only to get slightly frustrated because the crowds just could not differ from skanking to enjoy to skanking to mosh and hurt. So that was a bummer. Along with that, DBKL was controlling so strongly on everything that Winks had to cut out their set because of Maghrib Break. GAR! I wanted them to play Tiada Masa sooo bad, man. Seriously. I was waiiiiiting for them to play that song. BAH! But other than that, all I can say about their performance was... SOLID. Loved their tunes, as usual. Hehe. Met up with Chaom and Matt after 40 Winks, relieved to have found Chaom, for he was like... the only one beside Fiona, Trett and Kolep that I was close to there LOLZ.



Left for dinner with the whole gang, and oh my god, this must've been the funniest time of the day. Seriously, nonstop jokes were cracked, stupid remarks... a typical lepak with us, lah. :) Hehe. Kolep got us all so annoyed when he told us to look for a woman showing the peace sign on his CAMEL cigarette box, but after a minute of trying to figure where, he goes "Dia takde kat sane, sebab dia dlm crowd, sedang dngar One Buck Short" LIKE WHAT THE FCK! HAHAHAHA. But there really was an illusion of a naked lady, instead. Which was funky. Then we did the RM5 power rangers thing, along with the penguin on the RM1... xD
MOE'S PRANK ON FIONA WAS HILARIOUS! But I won't say what it is, because I want to use it :D Yes, Moe, my new close mate hehe kept in contact with him since I met him at the CoconutTreez gig.





Trett cracked us all up because he took ages ordering his food. Ran to him to ask him if he was in need of help, and he just said no. Moments later, he comes to the table holding packeted food and drinks and we're like "Why the hell did you order a takeaway!?" and he was like "I DON'T KNOW!!!" Hahahahaha! White boy. :P Then he spilt the Milo Ais all over the table trying to pour it into a cup. LMAO. And Chaom completely wet his shirt opening the Pepsi. HAHA what a mess, man. Then Matt dan Chaom mixed their drinks to form Pepsi Teh O Ais!!! It was... fantabulous... Tasted really cool!
Me: You should've just gone, no no I'm eating here, right?
Trett: I .. I... shut up!
Hahaha, every time I defeated him in an argument, that would be his last attempt to win... "Shut up". Gaha. Hey but it's true Trett, you got me once, but I still beat you 2-1. :D

By the way, Chaom, thank you for belanja'ing the dinner! Sangat sweet la that guy :D we went to pay our 8 bucks, me and Fiona, then Chaom was like runninnngggg to us "OI BUAT APE! DAH BAYAR LA NI!" hahahaha. dude.




Went back to the gig with Chaom and Matt, met Jonathan (Jarrod's brother) and introduced everybody to everybody! Decided to head into the crowd, did a choo-choo so no one would get lost from each other, got stuck behind everybody, realized the crowds were caged, went to the other side, same thing, went back to the previous side, bumped into Illey who said we needed to pass the clothing booths to get into the crowd. Thanked her, and headed back into the crowd and were introduced to a really awesome funky band called Seven. They had a sexy saxophonist whose tunes drived joygasms through my whole body. Absolutely enjoyed them - sure, they weren't moshable to, but they were great! Hated the crowds during their performances, they were so rude! Telling them to get lost, to hurry up, just because they couldn't mosh to their sounds. And what's even more sickening, was when some stupid group of people tried to get everybody to sit down. What's the point they're trying to prove, seriously? Eesh.

After Seven was Laila's Lounge sans vocalist. Which really ticked me off the next day, because Jarrod tells me their gig at JB was going to be their last ever gig... so why, why, why must the vocalist be stuck in a jam at UOX!? ARGH. But it was really cute, the guitarist tried to fill in, and got everybody to sing along to Mawar Khayalan. Awesome. Hehe. But the version they played was so slow and monotonous, argh, they should've just stuck to the original version. The drums were cooler in that one.

Next up? Bittersweet kot? Can't really remember. Let's just skip to Bittersweet, lolz! Squished further up front (did the choo-choo again!) and met some new mates, who stuck with me throughout the whole Bittersweet performance, protecting me from two very annoying peraba's. Like... piss off man, keep your hands to yourselves! Anyway, Bittersweet would've been perfect if some group of annoying men didn't gatecrash the front of the crowd. Not only did they roughly push their way front, once they arrived, they started falling around, annoying the shit out of everyone, oh my god, I would've kicked them all in the balls. Not to mention that I was heavily deprived of sleep so I wasn't in the mood to tolerate haha!

Bittersweet. Fabulous performance - not surprisingly. Played about 5 songs, if I am not wrong... all of them great. Heard their new song for the second time, and still loving it. Can't wait to get their CD now! Chaom, Matt and Jonathan took Fiona out of the crowd when Capital E played, for the crowd was way too rough, and Jonathan was worried about his new tattoo being infected and whatnot. So out they went, and Trett and I stayed in the crowd. After B.Sweet, Fiona told me to meet them at the carpark, she wasn't feeling well, so off we went to grab our bags to head home! Bumped into Arul (whoo!), but couldn't stay long to chitchat. Collected my bags and handed the bus tickets to Aidil Couple for the Singapore trip. Heard a "CELINE!" and saw a guy coming towards me... couldn't picture who it was... then realized it was Zac Komplot HAHA. Bloody blur.. well, I didn't sleep :P

Was pretty funny, Chaom and Matt went to go to the toilet in Sungei Wang on our way out, only to come out the other way with their bladder still full. Hahahah, they looked so funny, randomly appearing at a completely unexpected direction hahaha. Said goodbye to all of them, took the Monorail to KL Central and chatted with the same dudes from the crowd that were protecting me. What were their names? Oh yah, Ijat and Nik.. plus their other friends Harry, Immy, and oh gosh, forgot the rest aha!


All in all, one cool night.
x.Celine.x

No comments: