KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Teenage Gig Fantastic - Couple's Album Launch



Alright, the day started off a little later than I planned. I went two bands late, arriving just in time for the final two songs by The Peanuts, who were definitely awesome in terms of performance and style. The crowds were not fully pumped up yet, some still standing around just watching The Peanuts. Met Kolep beside the door of the gig hall in MCPA. Told me all my friends were already here, including Syamel (!). He had went as a surprise, because during the previous night he told me his mother didn't allow him to head out (he was down with a fever) until he fully recovered. SO Yeay!



Was superbly happy to see Naddy again as well, after her being away for so long in Sabah! Gwar! Hehehe. Missed that girl a lot, and was nice to see Illey as well. Illleyyy, hehe I've had much MCPA moments with her :) It was quite an awkward moment when she took me to Azam (she didn't know we had clashed) and she looked so puzzled when all we did was give polite smiles and shook hands. AHAHA. But Naddy and Illey... Those two are bloody twins I TELL YOU! Look... just look at them. They aren't related but heck! They look so alike! Even Faiz got confused with who is who.

Illey & Naddy

Anyway, on with the gig. I left to the mamak shortly after The Peanuts ended, and Illey went to get herself a burger. Somehow the burger feel into the hands of Mil, a close friend of Syamel's who had been communicating with me on Myspace, who thought her name was Sila for some weird reason. HAHA, that was hilarious.
Mil: Nah, ni burger kawan you *passes burger to me*
Me: Oh, Illey kan?
Mil: Huh? Ape name dia?
Me: Illey..
Mil: Eh name dia bukan Sila ke?
Me: hahaha Sila?
Mil: sial, i asyik ingat name dia Sila pulak! kenape tiap kali i pnggil dia Sila, dia jawab??
Me: HAHAHA. Tapi kenape you fikir name dia Sila? Y Sila?
Mil: Taktaw muka dia macam sesuai dengan name tu Sila...
Mel, Me, Taan, Chaom: HAHAHAHA!

Aiyoyo, that guy. Cracks me up. And he keeps pouting every time he gets lost in his own thoughts. HAHAHAHA Omfg that was so hilarious. He just... puckers his lips when he thinks no one is looking. Lolz! My own Angelina Jolie. :D

Okay, missed Bunkface's performance coz' I was at the mamak throughout their set, but all I know is I entered the hall and was greeted with loads of screaming fans... which is typically expected I suppose. Next up was The Times! Awesome performance, per usual, but there were these weirdass distracting people who just went up to the stage and started snapping pictures with the members of the bands. Like WHAT THE FUCK!? They're performing, jangan kacau la dudes! Haha it annoyed the crowds everyone was screaming to the guy to get lost from the stage so The Times could put all their attention to their performance. But yeah, he was bloody annoying. That one guy. Eesh!

Next up. Couple's first set, which consisted of all their new songs from their new album they were launching "Teenage Disc Fantastic". Awesome kickstarter C'mon Operator got everybody dancing, and it was as usual a happy clappy performance by the band, well deserved since we waited ages for them to get their sounds ready Hmph!
 


After their first set, was Yuna! Sweet vocaled girl, whom everyone loved. Relaxing performance, great break from the heavy dancing during Couple's first set. A great break for everybody to get some air back in their lungs for Couple's 2nd set haha!



Couple's 2nd set? Well, it was a tribute to all their previous songs, songs that everyone knew by heart, songs that were sung along to in every gig of theirs. So there really is no need to explain how it went. Everyone was hyped up, calling for songs they wanted to hear next, singing along to every single line of every single song (I know I was!). A great end to a great show. Weird though, this was the first time I actually walked out of MCPA to a finished gig with the sky still bright - it was around 7pm, just as the skies were starting to darken. :)




Chilled outside of MCPA for a while, and was harassed (not literally) by a girl that was part of an online fashion site called Bangkit (myspace.com/Bangkit) who was interested in choosing my for a Fashion Check because apparently my outfit of the day was very fashionable (seriously, it wasn't much haha!). So yeah, wasted some time answering her about where I got my clothes - oh my god this part was hilarious, none of the things I wore was from Malaysia except my Converse shoes hahaha!
Her: So where did you get your tshirt from?
Me: Singapore... Peninsula Plaza. My pants as well.
Her: okay... your belt?
Me: Oh ini? From England...
Her: :/ okay.. and your bag?
Me: LOLZ my bag from France.
Her: *resigned look*
Me: My shoes from malaysia la. Converse
Her: Yes!!!
Hahahaha, sorry girl, I'm not exactly the best person to recommend these clothes to Malaysians, am I? Hahaha!




After the gig, Celine headed to Bukit Bintang to lepak mamak with her friends. Nothing beats a night like this.
:)

Extra:
The album was nothing short of amazing. Judging from experience, it is definitely a CD you can pop into your car stuffed with friends, and sing along to it with your window winded down with wind blowing your hair all over your face.
Bangun hey hey! Marilah menari dengan ku! :)

No comments: