KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Huru X Hara @ One Cafe, Jln. TAR

Looking smart to interview the band... HAHAHA tipu lah.


The day kick-started with an uprising atmosphere as the hardcore kids gathered around One Cafe for the typical Malaysian wait for the gig to start. Moe and I met up with Moshi and Kuduk. Met Moe's friends, Pali came along, and I kacau'd Wira from This Sunday for a while. Hehe. It was all pretty chilled out, and we hung out with Kiki who arrived but wasn't going for the gig... pointless, kan? LOL.


A few hours delayed, we finally crowded around the ticket desks to get hold of a ticket and headed into the room, where Or The Golden Handshakes were already playing. Solid stuff, they sounded a lot better than my expectations thought they would, based from the stuff I heard about their performance in Ipoh earlier this month. I enjoyed the vocals, but yes, indeed, compared to a lot of the bands on the similar line-up, they still had a long way to go.


The crowds must've been shit sick of waiting because regardless of what tune was exploding out at them from the stage, the kids just plunged straight into the moshpit. Up next was a band I was looking forward to... This Sunday! Okay, pretty biased, they were my friends, but still, what's not to like about This Sunday. Their tunes were well hyped and energetic, but I was still pretty dead from waiting to get into the moshpit, so all I did was wave at Wira and headbanged. HAHAHA.


Next up, was Dichii Michii, but I.... went outside to chill. Kurang ajar, kan? But Pali had my camera with him, so I do have some pics of them...


I think I must've been having too much fun chatting with the friends, I missed out Caladrius and only went back in when Singaporean band Her Silent Wish played. They were kickass, full of energy, full of ferocity, and so much power in the music they splayed out at us. Wonderful.




Had a rest, fell asleep for a bit, and the impatience for Daarchlea to perform started to swell. I finally managed to do the interview with This Sunday and headed back into the room. Everyone was either mumbling about The Padangs or Daarchlea. So we laid down and huddled around each other lying on everyone's laps or stomachs whilst Hello, Is This The Band? played some upbeat, girly wirly songs (kan female vocalist...) Got up for Daarchlea, (if there was a band before them, I must've poorly misplaced them from my memory...) who sadly, could only play three songs due to the shortage of time left. But hell, they were good. And hell, I have no idea why I don't have their pictures. :( Headbanged a lot, didn't mosh that much, but I DID mosh a bit. Enough to get slugged on my shoulder and shitted my foot. -_-

Anep making a stupid face, and me sleeping on a guy's lap (don't even know his name)

Next up, For Better Endings! One of the bands I was looking forward to seeing from Singapore. And they were real good, got a lot of circle pits and moshing going on, purely because the vocalist's energy got us boosting around. Malaysian fans love it when bands say they're "fucking awesome"... Lol...




After the scrumptious, earblasting performance, who else better than The Padangs to keep the energy levels equally high? And so they marched up on stage and made it their home, screaming "What's Wrong With You!" at our faces (or shall we say, us to them). And it's awesome, Moe caught pics of me moshing with the lads! Muahahah kelakar kot, gambar tu...



And finally, we have it... Black Territory! A dejavu of their album launch flashed back to me as I saw BT get up on stage for a blasting last act. Even more of a dejavu when I saw their same fan excitedly moshing in the crowd, looking like he was about to have an orgasm... BAHAHAHAHA. :P

But unlike their album launch, perhaps the sound system was better this time, the energy level was a lot higher (it was earlier too, so we weren't dreaming of being on beds) so everybody was excitedly singing along. Moshed along, had a lot of fun, until the song "It's So Hard". And that's when things screwed up.



We're all just having fun, having a good time, when two skinheads decide to walk in, and spread everybody out, disallowing anyone to enter the moshpit, like as if they fucking owned it. Yerrr. Geram, I was waiting to kick the "otai" in his balls, but he never came close enough. So anyway, BT starts playing the last song, and some dudes just got pissed off at the skinheads (skinheads, my ass, they're just posers. Hear me, guys? You're posersssss) and started to have fun themselves, and entered the moshpit. One guy turns and accidentally hits his foot slightly on one 'botak''s chin. Then Ohhhh nak jadi budak kecil... "Ahhhh sakitlahhhhh"... my ass lah.
So what do those assholes do when they get touched justtt a little? Start a fight la, kan?

I could see Man Black Territory's face. He was so disappointed. Not at the skinheads, and I can agree. He was disappointed at all the giggers there, who left the show to go outside just to watch the fight. Sumpah bodoh. Kalau nak gaduh pergi la Chow Kit, jangan kacau our music man. Fuckers. One thing for you stupid skinhead wannabes lah: REAL skinheads don't pick fights over small shit, they don't go to places where they don't fit in, just to look cool. So all you guys, learn your subculture's history properly. Fuckfaces. YERRRRR so damn geram.

Deep breath... aside from that, the gig was damnnn goood. One of the best I've been to in a while.

Celine wants more gigs like this.

No comments: