KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

First Blood SEA Tour @ One Cafe, KL

Alright, so Saturday finally arrives and we're all ready to go for First Blood's gig. After a tiring morning of rugby, Nin & I bashed away our exhaustion for excitement as we headed to One Cafe to meet everyone else. After an hour of singing "Okelah Kalau Begitu", we finally managed to get our entry into the venue.


Medusa opens the show with an enthusiastic 'pow!' into the air. New to the scene and new to One Cafe, they succeeded in bringing in the crowds lazing outside to moshing within the dinghy disco lighted room.


Asthalin were the second band, but the quality of their sounds should've placed them later into the night. Of course, I have a crush on the bassist (LOL!) so I enjoyed listening to the vocals mixed in with Kuys screaming. Bestnyeeee. Did I mosh? I think I did. A bit. Haha.


Stayed around while Burnout performed, a punk influenced hardcore band that played songs less than two minutes long. The crowds were ballistic here, crashing onto the stages and pulling the microphones away from the frontman. But we stayed out of the moshpit charging up our energy for Daarchlea. Plus, the DSF kids were way too violent for my liking. CHILL LA MOSHING IS NOT TO HURT PEOPLE ASSHOLES!!! :)


Daarchlea came on, and everybody went CRAZY with headbanging. Nindy couldn't keep up with the fastpaced ones and it was pretty funny. I felt her slowing down beside me but I was too into the music to acknowledge it. Plus the afro guy beside me was headbanging so much I had to join in hahaha. Firdoz syaitannn! :P


Next up was Cassandra, but I stayed out of it because Nindy had motion sickness so we chilled with Jijol and Fahmy instead outside, whilst Moe was in charge of my camera.


Next up was Deadscore. After making their mark at Trunkers, they made their mark in One Cafe, blasting through their set and injecting energy into everybody. GOSH they were goooooood. After them was the long waited ALCATRAZ! I was fucking awed by the vocalist, who was so light on his feet despite his big size. Trashing up the stage with furious stomping, I was so into their music, and I think I was one of the few who actually knew the vocalist of First Blood was playing the guitar for Alcatraz. Mental stuff, really.


After Alcatraz was Maghrib break, and we went out for a quick break only to hear The Padangs start their set. Lajunye, eesh! Rushed back in, and I realized the sound macam kureng. Went to the keyboardist and saw Paul having problems with the technical side of One Cafe. He couldn't start up the Korg and after lots of cellotapes and twisting of cables, they managed to punch through successfully with Whats Wrong With You.


creepy picture of Harry hahaha!

Bleeding Mascara trashed Rock the World and now set their power on One Cafe, pulling through the set and pushing away all exhaustion, paving a thunderous path for Restraint. The vocalist of Alcatraz even joined the crowd during BM's performance, that's how amazing this gig was. Everybody was part of the gig, and there were no differences of status. :) Restraint was probably a band that sounded similar to First Blood, with the endless singalongs and growls from Ijam's side. Epicccc dohhh. Like always, I enjoyed their set, and enjoyed laughing at the kids who always end up on stage with the band, unable to resist the temptation to exert the adrenaline rush pulsating through our bodies.


And now. FIRST BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! After a longggg soundcheck, they finally propelled in with "The Next Time I See You, You're Already Dead" playing right into the self titled "First Blood", just like the beginning of their album Killafornia. Best dohhhh. I couldn't stop moshing and moshing, running back and forth from the front of the stage to the crowd.


Favourite moment of the night?? :)
Me: *Screams* CONSPIRACYYYY!!!!
Carl First Blood: *looks directly at me* You want Conspiracy? Alright, we'll play Conspiracy, for all of you guys, and our friend right there, and *points at me* my partner in crime, right here.
Me: *melttttttttttttttt*

GWAR SHIT I ALMOST HAD AN ORGASM! Hahahaha.

It was awesome, everyone went crazy with that song, singing along and trashing up onto the stage, reliving the Restraint moment. Carl First Blood jumped in a few times into the crowd and joined in with everybody enjoying the songs. When we requested Armageddon towards the end, Carl was up for it (Duh, he didn't even need to sing) haha but the rest of the band was too tired for the song, so they ended the show with a Sick of It All cover instead. WHEEEEEEEEEE.


Photo session!!!


Went to AG Hujan's studio to record our song, and then went back home. NICEEEE.

Celine would love more First Blood gigs.

1 comment:

Duyong said...

cool!
wanna join, but it is not nice to go. Bcuz, am hijabian person..but I want! lol