KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

That's Rite: Very Nice @ One Cafe, Jln. TAR

It's the first gig ever of 2010 that I'm heading to, and hell, there was nothing to regret about it. Minus the occasional longggg pauses to wait for bands to set up and the fact that it started like... two hours later from when we arrived, the gig was pretty fuckin' awesome. As in.... awesome.

Nindy, after never ever ever being able to go out to gigs with me (parental shit), finally finds a way to sneak out to come with us. Her expression of excitement before leaving our place:


Went to One Cafe, and there was some huge fascination over the origami bird Nin did, along with laughing over "magic trick" videos. Nguh.

"KL Mosher's got long hair now!" (Not really lah, that's Nindy wearing my mosh hoodie haha, I'm still short haired and all)

So finally, at 4pm or around that time, the gig decides to START! We walk in to Forgive the Sinners performing. Not disappointed. As an opening band, they toyed with our excitement and pulled the crowds into the hall without stress. A worthy band for a gig, definitely.


But I wouldn't say the same for the next band Definitely Maybe. It's just the fact that everyone else in this gig was more towards hardcore/metal shit, and out pops this rocky, poppy band with a girl fronting who seemed like she would rather be somewhere else. Hmmm... More work on stage presence perhaps. But we disregarded the cons and just had fun jumping and dancing around like lunatics. Haha. Then Nin and I scared the crowds by putting in our drama skills into action, and pretending to start a fight. Acted like she was wrenching my hair pulling me around when really she wasn't (it's a drama technique). ;) Apit terkejut, sial HAHAHA!


Up next were Massacre By Fall, a new band who have some potential of striving further if they work more on their instrument arrangements to fit their vocals. But overall, they were a recovery from the band before. After MBF were Avalon's Whisper, a band I was interested to see. And I wasn't disappointedddddd. They were great. Enough said. Haha.


Up next was a surprise for me. Glamorous Evil Genius. They've improved a lot since the last time I saw them live, and they blew me away. Even Nindy went all "They're fucking awesome!" hahaha. Was it them that I started moshing to? Or was it Avalon's Whisper? Can't remember really. Haha. Or maybe it's the next band Massacre Conspiracy!?.... Who were great by the way. Already hyped to see them live since their win at Soundstage last week, they found my energy bubble and inflated it til it exploded. That's how good they were. Also, thank you guys for the bruise on my forehead. (Some stagediver kicked me). Oh, and some other stagediver decided to jump to a place where there were nobody but Nindy. Ended up hugging her head trying to maintain his position above the crowd. WHAT CROWD?!???? FAKKK! I was like "OI! get off! get off!"

There was also this one guy who was headbanging with his legs wiiiiide apart. He looked like a crab. Hence the new "ketam mosh" term. HAHHAAAHAHA.

Glamorous Evil Genius

Hardcore Mamak in action HAHAHA


Massacre Conspiracy

Had a break where Nindy had to leave, and then I went back in for Caladrius (with my hoodie again!) Was thrilled when they sang "Roses for Sharon". My love for you is neverendinnggggggg! Lol!


Next up... let's all sing along to THIS IS BLACK TERRITORY!!! Actually no, they didn't play that, oddly enough. But they still granted us with the fav It's So Hard, so that makes amends for it.



Prognosis Death. Took me ages to remember their name, and there's an obvious reason for it. They are pretty much forgettable. Sad to say. They had some good moments and the showmanship was pretty confident, but something just lacked in their music I'm afraid...



Then it was time to pave way for the band who released their EP at the gig; THIS SUNDAYYYYY!!!!! :D Was hyped up to see them onstage (annoyed because Wira didn't do the wave he always does onstage! PFFT!) After quite a while of waiting for their EP to get sorted out, I was ecstatic to finally get hold of one from them! Weehee!


Their performance was great, crowd pleasers, many people sang along and wrenched the mic out of their hands a few times. Always reminding me of The Used, though they really are quite different, it's hard not to enjoy listening to them though I was trying to layan a sore leg and tired body at the same time.


And finally, my awaiting the headbanging session was no longer needed. Daarchlea tore the stage apart - and hopefully, not anyone's neck - with their usual devilish whirlwind of screams and frantic guitars that send everyone's heads going wild in unison. Hehe, Firdz memang la syaitan, as I said on Facebook. HAHAHA!


Congrats to This Sunday on the EP!

Last band was finally up, it felt like the gig would never end, but somehow it did, and we weren't really looking forward to saying goodbye to a gig packed with awesome music. The Padangs gave us an explosive ending, nothing short of moshing and going crazy singing along to their songs.


Saje je nak show off 6-pack la dia... HAHAHA

Had a wonderful nasi goreng ayam (which I couldn't finish) before heading to Melawati to jam after dropping Apit home. Was excited to find out we were watching Nik jam with Asthalin first before us (they're performing the next day, which I was going to attend as well). Wee hoo!



All Celine needs sometimes is a simple day like this.

No comments: