KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rock The World 9 @ Bukit Jalil Stadium Carpark

Woke up really damn early, because my friend was leaving my house in the morning. Walked around like a zombie getting ready to leave my house around 11.30. Left at 11am, because I was shit bored. Headed to Bukit Bintang where Apit, Kiki, Amirul and Jaja would meet me up.

Headed to Hang Tuah LRT. Went to Bukit Jalil, pening kepala because Azam told me he had problems getting passes. Sial lah. But finally he managed to get backstage passes thanks to Moe (don't know what happened to the media passes in the end), and I arrived at Bukit Jalil with a major headache, and energy level down to 1.05%.


Headed inside and caught Bactrim at the Chill-out stage with Rangga and the Ipoh gang. Bactrim was pretty good, they had a constant funked up rhythm going on with the bass that made you want to boogie, or head to discos and dance to "Play that funky music white boy". Spent about the first hour walking from stage to stage to stage. Met Moe at the Indie Stage backstage during Robot Asmara.


Walked over to the Main Stage's backstage again and saw Firdoz who was crew for Federated, a kapak band who was playing on stage. Found out it was going to be Restraint next and true enough Razlan waved at me from where he sat. Can't believe I forgot he was Restraint's vox.. wth... hahahahaha. While waiting for Restraint, I walked over to the Chillout stage and saw Khottal, and bobbed along to The Woo Song!


Restraint. Tight, solid, and rageworthy to the max, as always. Couldn't mosh at first because I was too far back but I did bump into Faiz! Told me 40 winks was next at Indie Stage, left and when I saw Syafiq's red cap bobbing around the moshpit, I dashed towards it, found him and Amirul and the gang, and moshedddd. Woohoo!


Next up, 40 Winks! Haven't seen these buggers in ages, and was chatting with Faiz whilst eating my Ramli Burger, waiting for Nitrus to finish their set as they did a cover of "Mercy". Quite an odd choice if you asked me. 40 Winks went on, Faiz asked me to trigger the crowd, but there was no need for that, for the crowd seemed to have loved their music. Well who won't? It was what feel good is all about, you could skank, jump and mosh to it! What else can you want?? :D


Then as they ended their set, and I met up with Haziq who FINALLY came and clap boom! thunder and rain plagued the whole event and everyone dashed to the tents for shelter. Couldn't stand the guys whooping at wet girls eesh!


Walked back in when the rain died, found Atin, then I found Chaom, Nad, Jarrod and everyone else again, in time for us to separate again for the events as they started. Caught Second Combat and thank you Haziq for the mosh pics! :D


Second Combat overall were entertaining and their fans were ready to catch Second Combat's last performance of the year. Headed over to catch Monoloque, but I had to say I was disappointed with the music, because his music was more for bedroom moments, not really ace when coming to performance. It was hard for the fans to capture the style of the music and they seemed lost to how they were supposed to groove.


Headed back to the Indie stage to catch Syahrul LMB's side project with his wife, Labrats, and went back to the Main Stage to catch The Times, took a detour back to the Indie Stage (yes, tiring!), to catch Skudap Skudip as they played their last song "Mari Berdanska" aiyo!


Stayed at the Indie Stage but went into the crowd for Auburn, realized the sound system was crap and couldn't fit with the colossal music of Auburn, then headed away to catch Bleeding Mascara in action at the Main Stage.


Here was where hell broke loose, and I had to miss out on the remaining night, because my hamstring injury at Ipoh Trunker's Fest only got worse when I did the breakdown for Bleeding Mascara. Limped my way out after Republic of Brickfields, who were amazing, but the crowd pissed me off because they were not following the music at all, just crazily moving around. The guy in front of me was annoyed as well ahhaah, it was funny.


Surprised and excited when Amy Search made a special appearance with R.o.B, because Radio Rosak was cancelled, so he must've decided to conquer the Main Stage of Rock The World. Haha awesome dude.


Headed to ROTTW's booth, sat there through Yuna and Pop Shuvit, couldn't take the pain of sitting on the floor with an aching leg, went out with Haziq and sat outside the closed up event, and listened to Love Me Butch, Seven Collar T-Shirt, Disagree and all the rest from outside. Went to the foodcourt with Moe when Moe came out, and heard Bittersweet from afar. Disappointed because they changed their vocalist, Pijie is no longer singing. New vocalists only worked out for Meet Uncle Hussain, who ruled with the new two vox! Bunkface ended the show with a sad finale, for DBKL arrived at midnight and the sound had to get turned off on their last song. Ah well, no heartache for me. :)


Joke of the day: Hardcore Mamak cooking!

Celine will have to stop injuring herself, or she'll be sitting out to future moshpits!

No comments: