KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mari Bergonjeng Jam Session @ Grido Studio, KJ

Okay so this one was totally uncalled for. There I was hanging out with my friends at Bukit Bintang when suddenly I remembered Azri Rotten had sent me a message regarding a jam session/mini gig at Grido Studio that night. Told the guys, they decided to go, and Jaja decided to bail on going home and joining us. Best!

The si cacats that I was with:


Went up to Grido, met Azri (akhirnyaaa!) and went into the studio to listen to the first band, Carbon 4Teen. Despite the full band not being there, they nailed it anyway, with splashes of humor and the friendly environment of people not giving a shit if they made a mistake. :) As Sid Vicious once said, You pick a chord, go twang - and you've got music.


Next up were one of the bands that drew me to the gig in the first place: The Liberals. Having had Azri talk about them non-stop along with the videos he sent me, I was indeed waiting for them, and was glad they were playing soon enough before the sauna-like room burnt us to death. Quick paced, raw and loud, The Liberals got the handful of watchers wild, even having a guy crowdsurf... yes, inside the studio room.

Teasing Carbon 4Teen's vox with "Apis Memang Rockstar"

Then it was Stick No Bill, who I loved because they covered a P.O.H song. :) Who cares if they kept making mistakes, who cares if they played more covers than originals? They were good. After them was a straight plunge into The Grass (mind you, when I say quick plunges, I mean a long lepak outside to revive ourselves with fresh air) and we headed out to the mamak to grab some drinks and I suddenly had a huge hunger monster. So I let myself savour up a roti canai. Best.



I found this pretty funny

Went back up in time for Always Last's last song (they were NOT last!), and waited for Dum Dum Tak, who I ended up not watching anyway because I was too tired and I heard it wasn't the full line-up. Ngrrr... So I let myself enjoy with the last two bands, Tim and Geng Gemok Keji (who I really liked!). Hell, Tim's drummer was awesome - he plays for Half Asleep, and dude I could not take my eyes off the way he played the drums.



So there we have it, a last minute decision to head over to a gig - no regrets!

It's punk again, and Celine is loving it!

1 comment:

stain said...

yeh. mmg terbaek ini show. smaller shows are the best.