KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Moonshine @ Laundry Bar

It was yet another night organized by Reza Salleh, another 4-band show at the busy lair of The Curve, Laundry Bar. Starting off slow and ending with a clash of loud sounds, the night was beautifully entertaining and worth the precious hours spent sitting before the stage, talking and mingling and watching the performances.

The first set was a slower, calmer exertion by Aiqa Halim, (I have reviewed her for Junk before!) and the set was a sweet and short flow of tunes. Personally liking her a lot more than the more famous oves like Zee Avi and Liyana Fizi, I was glad to be able to catch her live. Acoustic shows once in a while is a treat for the ears.



























Then after singing along to the singalong music video of "Watcha Say" and watching the muted music videos on the projector completely not match the music playing on the speakers, the next act came up and pleased all fans and friends; Stonebay. And the name did suit well for the vocalist, Ojie, kept saying wrong things and making hilarious mistakes, macam dah kena apaaaa tah. HAHA.

An awesome mellow set, with songs like Sangsi and Si Murai Penipu to brighten up the atmosphere. There's a reason why they are one of Reza's favourites :)



























Next up was one band that I had been super excited to finally catch live. After yearsssssss of being arrive, I finally found a chance to catch Ferns live! I always thought they sounded super lo-fi, but seeing them live made me realize how super cute they are! And the vocalist my god!!!! Looks nowhere near the type of person you'd expect of a voice like his to be part of. Extremely enjoyed their set, some people found them hard to accept, but it is illegal to not accept Ferns...



























And finally. Finally finally finally. Lightcraft. The one band I have been dying to see ever since I got my hands on their album two years back. Wait. One year back. Almost two years. But yeah! I was so excited, so excited to see this band, I actually miss this feeling of enthusiasm to catch a local act. The last time was probably to catch Plague of Happiness at Cherating Ska Fest. Haha.














And were they amazing? Yes. Those Beautiful Shapes, All In My Mind, most of my favourite songs they played. If only they played Tanpa Jawaban though. That would've made it absolutely perfect. I fell in love with their one song which I didn't know, the lyrics brought tears to my eyes.
"Love is no place for fear"... gosh. :) Really appreciated their set, I would love to catch them live again. GWAR!














Getting blinded by the camera flash


























Celine's soul was drifting

No comments: