KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Monday, October 11, 2010

This is Not A Birthday Gig @ Noisy Studio

It was a day of celebrating birthdays; Mine, Mia's, Iman's and Ijam Naratu's! The night was far and the day was ending, and I was in the midst of an intense soundcheck at One Cafe for the company event Rock Feyst. Bumming around with Nash pushing one band after the other up on stage wasn't as fun as I'd hoped, it was pretty tiring. But hey, thanks Nash for the awesome Pokemon drawing of me! HAHA














Headed off to Noisy Studio around 5pm with Moshi, and started preparing, putting up the zine/CD tables together with Arep and Moshi, when Moe and Rhid arrived with the drinks and stuff. The food was arriving later than the crowd, and I was starting to panic when I heard someone had been spreading a rumour that my gig was cancelled. Ape mende...

But it's alright we had over 200 people that night. Thank you all so much for coming, really I appreciate it so much.


















First act of the night, was 3/5s of Corporate Youth, consisting of Rizal, Hanafi and Mukhriz! :D Thank you guys so much for kickstarting the show with an awesome energetic set!!! And a cover of Minor Threat too! Love you guys superduperly much! WHEE!















































The food arrived in the middle of their set, and poof Nindy. Ezzrt, Afiq and Moe were off to play second, with BeforeAfters! Got a lot of crowds coming in to watch, good for them. An awesome set, Nindy forgot her lines again, but that's okay everybody enjoyed their set. And I LOVED IT WHEEHOO. Me and Alice were basically singing to almost every single song hahaha. <3




















































Then next up, me. :| Haha, quite a crisis during my set, Nik had to stop after the first or second song because his guitar string broke. The picture Alice and Azam took made it seem like my set was crazy. Havoc giler, hands everywhere, pictures of my friends screaming to the song, Moshi jumping over people's heads to grab the mic. HAHA! I love you guys so much. We played three songs, one new, and the crowd loved it... Thank y'all.. :)






























































People were still flowing in throughout the whole night, and some were already shitfaced by the fourth band. Seriously guys... I didn't even get to drink that much coz you guys took everything! HAHA. The food was also loved by lots, my mom's vegetarian dish ran out in a blink of an eye...











































Went back in for Sensory, awesomeness, Ezzart might've been tipsy already then, because he was wild with his bass. Everyone was headbanging, screaming along, fists in the air, it was awesome. Always love the energy Sensory exerts.










































Then it was Second Combat, and by now we were already worrying about time, because apparently a policeman had passed by to warn us about ending before midnight. Second Combat's set was crazy, everybody was jumping on stage, throwing the mic around, singing along, pushing around. Whew. Love it love it love it.































































Look at this. :P Amount of people amazed me!

Next up, Asthalin! :D Absolutely happy that I could finally catch them live, haven't seen them in ages. Thank you guys for willing to play at my show, I know you guys don't gig much nowadays. A typically awesome set by Asthalin, loud, energetic, heart-thumping. Adrenaline rush. Think of all the words that has to do with 'wild' and you get an Asthalin set. Yeargh!











































Then it was time for birthday cake cutting! Ijam was so surprised to see his name on the cake, and Iman arrived just in time hehe. All 4 of us, and a whole bunch of hundreds singing happy birthday. :) Whee. Loved it. Then the cake fight commenced and so did the tepung telur (courtesy of Fahmy). Grrrr... HAHA.












































Randomly dragged me in for a photo. XD

And now, the serious part. I would like to apologize to for having to cancel your shows last minute, I know a lot of you had been at the party early to wait for your set. I really wish I could rewind time and tell the policemen to give us some leeway, I still feel bad I had to cancel you guys, coz you guys were the bands I was really looking forward to that night. Hope you guys aren't too pissed off and hope you guys won't mind playing for a gig if I ever organize one again! :P I was not willing to risk getting everyone arrested just because I was selfish and wanted to hear you guys play. Hope you guys had fun at the party anyway.
---

Headed to karaoke at a shitty place where they got Radiohead lyrics wrong (giler fail doh: I'm a creep/I'm a willow) with Rhid, Moe, Moshi and Azam before heading back home to sleep in time for the FEYST concert the next morning.































































A birthday Celine will never forget

No comments: