KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Youth09 @ PWTC



GWARGH! 3 days of bouncing back and forth from Mont Kiara (where I stay) to PWTC, where Youth09 was taking place for the second time since they started. 30000+ people attended this event... and I was there to cover the event for a magazine I recently joined. Guys, check it out, it's cool! www.magmug.com
ANYWAY, the first day was a late one, arriving at PWTC around 3pm. Met up with Kodyb and Kolep, and headed to check out the battle of the bands that only just started. Kodyp was my photographer for all three days, and thanks soooo much dude! :)



So... what should I talk about? YES okay. Battle of the bands... What an annoying 3-day ongoing event! Personally, I was hardly impressed with the bands that went, I mean sure, kudos for trying, but guysss... if you want to audition for something as big as a battle... be at least of a certain level first lah...
Problems about BOTB:
a) TOO MUCH... TOOOO MUCHHHH of old school rock was revived. It's like... every other band... played some old rock tune... like come onnnnnn... The Dio age is gone!
b)Rockstar wannabes.
c) Tone deaf players = NOT GOOD.
d) Dead crowd xD but for once, I didn't blame them. HAHA



Spent a fun time dissing the bands with Moe and Kodyb... LOLZ
*One minute into the song* "Hey, their playing Seize the Day! Only realized now.."
Yeah, uh, that's how bad some of them were. I really like the whole purple jamming box thing... looked so cute!



First day was pretty bland. But I met the same Komplot crew from the Nu Year's gig, Kikie and Art, who (surprise surprise) were friends with part of the Durjana gang, too. Chilled with Rezza, Moe, Fahmi, Kikie, Shaz and Art after the event for a quick dinner... was fun! Then we took the train home, and that was the end of day one... heading into day two at friggin 9am in the morning!!! ARGHHH!!



Spent the morning listening to a read-off speech by some important guy... the minister of youth and sports... yeah. Read-off, it really was! The things he said would've been so inspiring if he didn't have to pause every two seconds to read what he supposed to say... my gosh.... so much for coming from the heart. xD

Battle of the bands started after the afternoon, so we didn't do much except catch some breakfast and met up with many people... friends... new friends... FAMILY! LOL. Met my cousin on the last day.. was cooool. Arul, now closer to me than ever since we got to know each other from the time we met, kept his promise and turned up (woohoo!). Met his brother too, who went by the name of Azam - which was kind of awkward for, considering that was my ex's name, too LOL. Helped out with the Komplot CD/Tshirt booth to make some moneyyyy. Was great fun, Art temporarily bought me a Komplot shirt (I WILL pay you back!) and Zac passed me their CD. YAY! Thanks guys...



Fell in love with snakes - there were snakes! - and played with them, causing everybody to creep away ahahah! It was the most hilarious moment ever. I was just sitting there and a saw the snake keeper walk past and I held out my arms for the snake. The moment the dude laid the snake on my hand, all my friends (guys!) who were sitting around me fled away! If it was an animated movie, you would have heard the "phhhuuu!" of the speed. HAHA. Zac and Jeffny looked so hilarious trying to touch the snake and CHAOM MADE ME LAUGH LIKE A HYENA LOL! He was so freaked about the snake, he was standing there all quiet. Then suddenly the music system behind us went BAM and while Arul kind of jumped and remained his cool, Chaom practically flew inches up HAHAHA. xD Silly boy.


Helping them promote "ZOMG, I always wanted this!!!!" (I had one in my bag already, lmao!)

The second night ended with a pretty okay gig... I did leave halfway though, after Komplot's performance. Couldn't stay in time to watch Pesawat though... sigh! But hell, as usual, Komplot was awesome, but the sound system at the venue was so stupid... the bass was so quiet... and Jeffny really had to puff hard to get the sounds from the sax out ahahah! But even throughout the whole day and the day before, the sound system wasn't tight... so... cacat-ed. Yeah.
Headed home with Arul, his brother Azam who was so superbly kickasssss but they were on the other side of the train station... bugger. heh.

Fell asleep waiting for the gig to start:


Third and final day.

FUNNN, FUNNN, SUPERBLY FUN! Because everybody was there :) Except Kolep... silly Kolep.. why didn't you show up!? Grr. Anyway, went to Sentul Timur to meet up with Arul - because he forced me to! - first before heading to PWTC together. It was a nice moment, and being on the train with him is just plain hilarious. Man, I should've made him look down the window.. gayat kan? xD ahah!

Arrived and met up with Kodyb, and immediately headed to the Komplot booth where we chilled for almost the whole day haha! Bumped into Afzaa, a school friend, and got harassed by Trett (my Aussie gig buddy!) (!) Hahaha can't believe he actually managed to go to a gig himself. Awww!
Trett: Aren't you proud of me, I went to a gig alone without you for once!



Got that white boy to buy Komplot's EP! Was soooo superbly happy when Moe showed up yayyyyyyyyy! Haha. So was I when Illey and Chaom showed up! Chilled at McD with Moe and Arul, stealing of Moe's money... sorryyyy. But thanks! :D hee! Got so amused by this one little boy who kept staring at me after I made a face at him... Like when I was long gone from McD, I turned back and he was still looking hahaha! Aww :)
And there was that moment when I choked on my fries coz Arul was singing "Touch my Body", then Moe turned to him and went *pokepokepoke*. HAHA!




Moe got all bullied and huddled around by everyone, that poor dude hehe and the ROTTW issue he got me was passed around; I'm surprised I got it back, even! xD Met two of Arul's friends, Nysa and Meor! I forgot his name the first time round wargh! But he was awesomepossum. Makes me laugh. They looked cute together, though they weren't dating. aiyo! XD Then met Kikie's friends, Malik, Epul, Suzy, etc... who were like... awesome. Haha. I think I scared one of them a lot, even though they looked scarier than me, being part of the Japanese rock-fashionistas.



FlyFM Campur chart was awesome! Love Me Butch was, of course, flawless.... Sang along to every song! Then Yuna came on and I went to kacau Faiz at the technical area heehee. Then Bunkface came on. Gulp! This was probably the most frustrating time I ever had in a gig, but it made me laugh as well hahaha! Was absolutely reluctant to go into the crowds to mosh to Bunkface, but Arul, Fahmi, Chaom, Kikie and Art were all upset, and kept wanting me to go into the crowd. My god, it was like friggin kidnap!!!
Me: *standing there unwilling to budge.
Bunkface: *kicks in with their music*
Kikie: Oookay!!! 1,2,3, JOM!
*They all run towards the stage*
Chaom: *Bursts out randomly from behind me, with Fahmi and pulls me towards the stage along with them*
Me: WOARGHHH!!!!


Everyone was staring dudeeeee! LMAO. Some had the "Wtf is with this chick?" expression, while others had the "Haha, I feel you, girl" expression. Look, I mosh people, just not to Bunkface. I escaped the moment I got the chance to (when they let me go to mosh themselves). But the moment the first song ended, Chaom came out to grab me in again, GOSH what an ass hahaha! Finally Moe helped me cover up while I went into the other hall to hide from the guys as the second song ended after I escaped again :D Yay!



Took the usual train back to Bangsar with Arul... Hahaha as usual, train rides with him left me in stitches. xD

Celine enjoyed the three days with her friends.

No comments: