KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Moonshine : 8th April @ Laundry Bar, Mutiara Damansara

Well, well, well, no matter how lame it sounds, this was actually my first Thursday night at Laundry Bar... I never ever had the chance to come by to sit and chill along with awesome music Thursday nights. Why? Only people up there know *points to sky*.

Arrived around 8.30-ish so decided to hunt down Droo at Bentley and invite him along. Arrived at Laundry to the stage still empty, which was good, and Droo bumped into Nik Roosevelt (also known as the Chinese guy in Gadoh lol), who was a friend of his, so we sat with him as I waited for Tapir, Iman and Ezzart to come.

Tapir, Iman and Samir arrived in time for the first band, Tenderfist, who reminded me a lot of The Whitest Boy Alive, which I presume would be considered one of their influences... if not, that's just weird. Haha. I enjoyed their chilled out music, but the vocals could not really be heard, unless that was the intention. Goodjobsssmannnn.



Also bumped into Arwith (SxC) and his girlfriend, which I found pretty random lol. The next band was a band that was the reason I came down to Laundry in the first place: Sphere. After their memorable performance at La Quiete LIVE in KL, I couldn't resist the temptation to find a way to get to Laundry this time round to catch them. And I was not disappointed. With a range of high and low climax, fast and slow paces, Sphere hardly had a boring moment, with the minimal vocal insertions sing-alongable. :P Whoooeeeee...



Haziq arrived in the middle of their performance, but Iman had to ditch us after the set. Grr. KLPHQ were third, a band I have listened to but never seen live, so I was quite excited to catch them too. And boy, oh, boy... sitting in Laundry, listening to them, it was colossal how everybody's talking and all the environmental noise just... quietened down, mentally, for me. The music of KLPHQ just filled the whole of my head. It was... great. :) Sent me sailing, they did.



After being bugged for over 15 minutes by Syamel to get him a bottle of beer from 7e, Haziq and I left to get drinks as The Otherside Orchestra started their set, but we arrived in time for the rest of the set (we probably only missed one song and a half). With Laundry's good sound system, I was really able to capture the intricacy of their music, and I loved it. The last time I watched them, which was at One Cafe in January, the sound system faltered the band's ability, and though they were still dancey, this time round really pounded into our bodies. Whootwhoot.


Headed to Bestari with Haziq and Syamel after that, and spent a whole hour or so laughing at Syamel's drunkenness. Epic.


Chilled sessions makes Celine happy.

No comments: