KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

MuzikAttack.com Party Jam @ One Cafe, KL

This gig had..... sooooo many bands I never heard of. And this gig also had soooo much WAITING going on. Seriously. By the time the gig started, I was already exhausted. Dah la tengah sengket. -_- Met Mia at the monorail station and then met Kid and the rest at One Cafe. Chehh "the rest".... macam ramai pulak. Haha!

Walked into One Cafe to a band who were... pretty kickass actually, with an awesome vocalist who could really sing, except perhaps needing to push her vocals to a higher limit. Music arrangements pretty hot, had me tapping my toes and almost headbanging. :) Kudos (ew, giler mean girls)


I don't know what the hell was wrong with me, I was never listening in time to capture the band names, so the bands i DID enjoy... I didn't know who the hell they were. God, I suck. But partially, I kind of.... blame the MC a lil, he was mumbling most of the time, and rushing through the words like as if there was no tomorrow. Chill la beb... Bagi la kitorang dengar nama2 band sume.... Eeee..

Next band: Cun giler babi. (No that's not the name.)
Post-rock, shoegaze-like stuff, they had me dancing at points, meronta-ing at points, and just closing my eyes going 'awwwmygawddd this is the shizzzz' along with Mia, who happened to be an Explosions in the Sky fan as well. :) Heehee.


Okay, I have to admit, I'm kind of following my pictures taken to take me through this review, I can't remember much from the gig. Next: Grey Sky Morning. Ala, rockstar la diaorang, of course the set was good, and many who were there enjoyed themselves. Mia and I, however decided to give the pretty empty crowd space to grab a drink and chew on some snacks by the bar, waiting for Skudap Skudip to start. But GSM were definitely entertaining, per usual.



SKUDAP SKUDIP! :) What else to say other than F.U.N? Skanking like crazy monkeys is completely excusable when they are on stage, because that's what their music is all about. Happiness, music, and just... enjoying life! Whee. Haha. They really brightened up my spirit, especially seeing Dodd going all sentimental with his Skinhead tribute song... aiyo! :P


After them, a band that got me headbanging a bit... I have to ask my friend who these guys are. Haha. Farid and Lufti sure tahu.


Then? Arch Enemy wannabes. Okay, that's harsh. But sumpah, I cannot remember the band name. What a shit review this post is. I allow you to curse me. Haha. Okay I have to give credits to the girl for being able to growl and scream the way she can, but then again, that doesn't give excuse to the rather dull and anti-climax songs they played. You guys can sailll uppp if you guys work on the arrangements.


Pastu, Maghrib Break, that's all I remember, and I remember worrying I couldn't catch Naratu in time before jamming, only realizing with extreme GLEEEE that they were next. Hell. No matter how empty or full the moshpit is, Naratu will always make my day. Always. One of my favourite bands to watch live because... suka hati aku lah, just singing along to their songs without giving a shit about people frowning at the lyrics or whatever. Haha. Dapat release my exhaustion from the lack of action when they performed. Bagaimana! Magic lah tu. :)


Lyndz and Syuk finally decided to come in for the happy, clappy band Moda Moody, who were indeed good. Moe arrived too, took a band tag off Romancesa who couldn't play due to the time constraints, so we all had our own circle of skankers, going absolutely mental with weird ass dance moves. HAHA. Sumpah seronok time tu.

Lyndz & Syuk. Jarang nampak weh, Kid berjoget. LOL!

Awooooooo, give it up for Shewolves! (and he). They were good, played a Kiss cover that got people headbanging and all that shiz. But I had to face away from the stage half the time, because of... one reason. Let's see if you guys can guess why, from the picture below.


Final band I watched was another headbangable, grind-ish band with a vocalist who didn't seem to know what he was saying half the time. Hahahaha, adorable kot, macam giler blur. Lepas tu, terus ciao, headed to Ampang and jammed with Beatburns. Threw up in a mamak toilet (yup) and reluctantly listened to a guy talk to us about some... stuff. *yawn*



Celine wishes for better days to come.

No comments: