KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Rise Up vol.2 @ Reggae Bar, Changkat BB

I missed the first volume of Rise Up, which was more towards punk rock, so I decided to swing by to catch it this time round, also due to the fact that three bands I wanted to watch were going to perform. :)

Headed to Lot 10 first with Huixin, my cousin, and Moe, and FINALLY BOUGHT THE FCKING L.O.G TICKETSSSS!!! WHOOO. cantwaitcantwaitcantwait. Anyway, headed to Changkat after that, bumping into Vanse and Rath on the way. (Vanse *to HuiXin*: My name is Jay Chou.) LOL! Biar betul.. xD

Went down to Changkat, worrying I might've missed Zack (worked with him for a week at Zag T3) and his band Whales. But the gig hadn't even started yet when we arrived - agak typical la, so we sat around and waited for them to set up and perform. Okay, I wouldn't want to use cliches to describe bands, but Whales simply said - blew me away. Good, good stuff. I was sort of expecting post-rock stuff but not how they had it, it was... GREAT! Haha. Loved the mini breakdowns and parts where you could almost feel like trashing a place. Didn't matter when they made some mistakes, it was their first gig, for they really nailed their set.


Chatted with Zack for a bit and to Ajin about Beatburns... Watched a band next called Sally Fearie, but were not really impressed, and felt sorry for their nerves, since they had travelled all the way up from JB. Pity la. Decided to head down to Kitaro where Mia and gang were dwelling, also to meet the birthday boy, CHAOMMM!!! I don't think my mind was set right that day, I kept screwing up my words...
"What time is Stonehead performing?" (maksud I actually nak sebut Stonebay atau Brainhead, but I sorta sais them together. -_-)
Stonehead pulaaaaakkk...

Birthday Boy!

Moshi dah botak LOL!

Everyone then ditched us to go One Cafe/Pavilion, so we headed back to Reggae Bar, in time to watch the end of a strong vocal-ed band, Goodbye 20th Century, and the final two bands - you guessed it! - "Stonehead"!!


Brainhead played first, finally releasing some sort of energy into the venue, as everybody applauded them on stage. They played three songs, one with Ajan's fiancee, and their duet was honestly awesome. :) Super comey dohhhh... Spent their whole set admiring Ajin's guitar, as usual (just like at New Year Rendezvous!!)


Then, STONEBAYYY. Already, I was in a jealousy mode with Afiq (the drummer) who had bought a Dennis Chambers pearl white snare... GWARSHHH!!!! I was so close to stealing it. Soooo close. As well as Ojie's hat... HAHA!

Had to hold Afiq's camera throughout the set, because Moe left it to me so he could set up the guitars for them (guitar tech la tuuu) so I just went on a photomania throughout their set. Was glad Moe helped me record Si Murai Penipu :) All in all, a cute acoustic set by them. Pity they couldn't play as a full band, for their bassist couldn't make it.


Earth Hour spirit was super dead this year, we didn't even see anything dramatically get darker or many lights turn off. Pfft. Malaysia. Hahahaha. In fact, we got more involved with watching a fight happening below the monorail station. Wanted to throw my burning cigg butt at the guy's head actually, it was obvious it was a gang versus one guy, which to me, is unfair, no matter who's wrong. One on one je la. Funny thing is, the guys who were hitting him started to slowly edge their way out of the scene when three police walked by to check on the situation. HAHA. Kalau memang berani, tak payah la lari, pengecutttts.

Anyhoo, left to Ampang, jammed with Beatburns, and headed to Al-Mehraj, makan-ed and went hooooome.

A simple day for Celine, it was.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww

too bad you missed our set. cool writeup! :)

Andri
Goodbye 20th Century!

Unknown said...

btw

cool blog you have here. its not easy to see gigs in KL being documented like this. :)