KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rock on Stage II @ One Cafe, KL

God, I am so disappointed I can't even write a proper review. My camera friggin' pulled a prank on me and f*cked up halfway through the show so all the bands I wanted to capture pictures of... tak jadi. SIAL AH!!!!!!!!

Anyway, 18 bands... the bands were good, some fluctuating from great to not so great... the downside was... standard One Cafe gig la, started damn late, so it ended damn late, and the floor was basically empty by the time Asthalin performed.

Highlights:

Couple and The Times:
Haven't seen them live in SO LONG, so it was quite refreshing to see them play again. It was a really painful moment when a friend of mine (I would rather not say her name in public) had a teary moment when Couple sang "Pergi", because she just got out of a relationship she had lots of hopes for. AND it added to my memory of that song back in Rockaway. Dammit.

But eee, the crowd made me remember why I joined the hardcore scene in the first place. Why is it that only the Indie crowds (not all, just some) suka giler nak raba2 perempuan? Never in my life in hardcore gigs did I experience that. PFFT.

Naratu:
What else to say? It's Naratu :)

The Padangs and Massacre Conspiracy:
A lot of singing along, and moshing. WHOOHOO!!!

Asthalin:
God, the last time I saw them, was in Trunkers Festival. LAMA GILER SIOT!!! Though the floor was empty and only the other bands supporting Asthalin, I didn't give a shit, I just love them live. Lagipun, Aron and Nik are also in my band, kena support la ni :) It's a pity that Tom doesn't play with them anymore though. Miss seeing you on stage dude.

---

There were some pretty good bands, along with a Muse sound-alike called The Customer or something like that.. A kerek vocalist from a band The Trends spoiled my mood. Though their music wasn't bad, I just couldn't stand watching the vocalist. A band ruined Nirvana's song, and another band called Bomb Skillet (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT) had a very interesting mixture of 'skacore' LOL. Overall the range of bands were varied and actually interesting to keep up with, but 18 bands in such a short time is exhausting.

Fuck man, no pictures. :(

No comments: