KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

After a 4-hour walk for Wesak Day the previous night, I had to do a lot more walking as I headed to Dragonfly to catch Blooded Suicide's show in KL. But it actually refreshed me, and I lasted the whole gig without falling asleep, which I would've because of the atmosphere. The place is really a good place, with great sound, but the crowd is never efficient enough. Never. They take advantages of the chairs here. I don't see you guys sitting around at One Cafe, why sit around here? WHY? Seriously, it's a waste to pay RM25 and not get any fun out of it, with only a handful of crowds to join us.

Anyway, arrived to Mia and Linda hugging me, and the rest of the girls, followed by Fahmy and AMIRUL WHEEEEE!!!! :) It's been bliddin' ages since I saw the guy, was so happy to see him again, hehe, and obviously so was Mia:

Hehe. Headed in to Starting Fight opening the stage, and I have to admit, their drummer is... awesome. He's good. He's good. He's so energetic in the way he plays. Unbelievable. :) Enjoyed their set, it was an awesome vibe walking into Dragonfly to the drums of this band.


Next up was Daarchlea. A band that is one of the reasons why I made the effort to come today, because I haven't heard them play in ages! But I think their vibe suits more of the One Cafe type, hot, sweaty, filthy... you know. :) Dark and cruel-sounding as ever, these guys really got a crowd going, per usual!


Then; Whatever That Means, a korean punk rock band with a female bassist who knows how to rock out. :) Simply said, they reminded me of The Offspring and The Ataris. Good stuff, but quite generic tunes at parts of their songs. All in all, energetic and fun to watch :) Good job guys!


A Town Of Fear confused me deeply, I at first thought it was For Better Endings, then I thought it was Her Silent Wish. But it was none of those, merely a mixture of the members to form this one awesome band with shitloads of breakdowns and energy. Really awesome sounds, I was impressed. :)


Kids on the Move. What else to say? They moved the kids, and they got a crowd going really well, we had people pushing us everywhere. I was watching my friends mosh in the crowd. Is there a significant move to "Kids on the move"? As in... running here and there? Coz that would actually make sense. Haha. Good, solid show by KOTM anyway, enjoyed their set.


Massacre Conspiracy. Cun la, apa lagiiii? :) There have been so many blog posts on this blog about this band I think many of your readers will have quite grasped what they are like. :)


Then it as time for Black Territory. One of the weaker shows by them I would say. It doesn't mean they sucked. It only meant that due to the sets being rushed because of the time (seriously, the organizers and bands should really work together better to get a soundcheck done really early) so they didn't have the ample time to set the instruments and amp volumes right. Man's voice was really loud, but a lot of them couldn't hear each other so the tempo ran at times. But it was still a good enough set to get people singing along.


Same goes for This Sunday. Strong band but they were left unnerved because of technical problems. But they still put on a good show. I felt it was too little, they only played two songs. damn. :(


Next up, The Padangs; they played Inertia and another tune, I forgot which one, I think it was Mercy. Great stuff, very solid as usual, and not much more you can expect of these young dudes. :)


Finally, Blooded Suicide! :) These boys all the way from Indonesia were eager to play on our stage, and man did they put on a good show. Rhid had her five minutes of stardom when she managed to answer their question correctly to win a shirt, and obviously singing along to a lot of their songs, catching the eye of the vocalist. Hahaha... Rhid, Rhid... :)


Very devilish music they played, got the more energetic crowds trashing around whilst the slackers stood and watched, us in between, headbanging and cheering supportingly. It was a pity that they came all the way just to sing to a crowd yang macam tak de semangat. Perhaps it was the venue. Hopefully you guys have a great show at Ipoh! :)


Ending with a song featuring Jo The Padangs, they ended the night with red lights and killer sounds. Snatched their set list off the speaker and made my way out with some of the AKD dudes to eat and lepak :) Whee! Nice night.



Celine's heart is beating for the next event.

1 comment:

Moe Nasrul said...

hey there love your blog :D how do you find gigs to go to?