KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bane LIVE in KL @ One Cafe, KL

Having a band member look at my blog today made me go "Okay, people are waiting for the Bane review!" to myself. SO I'M NOT GOING TO BE A LAZY ASS AND WAIT ON IT. I will do it now. Because I am cool that way. :) Pfft.

Anyhoos. I WAS BLOODY LATE TO ONE CAFE (goddamit) and missed the first band, heading in only during Kenet's band (Collages), who were pretty damn good. I couldn't help but feel the energy feeding through the band into the crowd, which was prettttyyy little towards the beginning of the show. I like.


I was all topsy turvy after the set, dashing in and out of the venue looking for people who booked tickets, looking for passes, looking for organizers, then looking for my phone because it went missing but ended up being with Moshi, then had to look for... OMG, yes you get the point. When my nasi lemak arrived... RELIEF! Munchmunch.

Headed back into the venue for Massacre Conspiracy, and partially just to teman Elle, because she didn't want to go in alone. Tbh, I wasn't in that much of a mood to gig anyways. MC16? Baiasalahhh, they were gooood, and I have to say their bassist made a good job in being a vocalist session. And Senndart did an awesome job as a bassist (cheh perasan la dia if he reads this)


Okay I blanked out for the next band; I was either finishing my meal or STUDYING (yes, yes, studying at a gig. Baru lah rajin LOL)... but I missed the next band and headed back in only for Black Territory. I may have messed up the order, I wouldn't remember, I'm just following my pictures to write this review. HAHA!

BT. Again, an awesome chance to see Short showing off his guitar skills which are colosssalll. =) Again, an awesome chance to see Apit's hair go whooshwhooshwhoosh. Again, an awesome chance to sing along to the heart-wrenching songs and lyrics of BT's. Yes. All in all, again, another awesome set by these fellas.


Then it was time for Breakin' Chains, who were goooood. Was spectacular to see all the crowd going wild for a band that's not a usual face around One Cafe, and was a breath of fresh air. Nice nice. I enjoyed the set, and for once, appreciated a girl guitarist who's not just there for the looks, but was there purely outta talent, too. :) YEAH!


Badadamdam!!! RESTRAINT. Wheehee. What more can I say? I'm pretty sure you've read enough in my blogs to understand what I usually have to say about this band ey? HAHA. Solid la! Awesome la! Tight giler la... you get it la... XD
Crowd? Crazy.
Me? Due to certain "health issues" I couldn't mosh much, but how could I resist? Lantak je laaa, mosh jugakkkk. :P Tapi still, didn't go all out as I would usually do during a normal Restraint set. Rasa macam nak meletup kotttt, xgerak2 tapi dalam badan I macam ade volcano. Sing-along je. GWAR. Geram!


Oh wait. Baru ingat. THIS is when I stayed out to study. Haha! Don't play-play, I was reading Shakespeare whilst listening to Kids on the Move. Sumpah, it works, I managed to finish a whole act. :D Thanks Fahmy, for helping me take pictures. Only he is rajin enough to go up the stage to take pictures of the crowd. I can never be bothered HAHA :P Sorry KOTM for not being in the crowd to join the fun, but from what I heard, seemed like KOTM was willddddd (per usual!).


Then it was time for the father of fathers, Second Combat. Cheh father of fathers, giler otai nama tu. :P HAHAHA. Apa lagi, the crazy kids of Kids on The Move just continued being crazy throughout SxC's set. Lots of singing along lots of sweat and lots of joy. Nice.


Bored. Camera in hand. Took pics. of Azam. Impersonating BSBoys.

Pernah dengar lagu "Unforgettable"? (Yang oldies tu tau, bukan yg Asthalin punya)... yeah. Ini boleh jadi gambar thema kot. HAHAHA

Burnout were good. I still enjoy their punk-like fast paced and short songs. And it's always enjoyable to see the guitarist go absolutely wild, too. Itu la baru young and dangerous. Haha. It's a pleasure to catch them on stage.



Then it was time for BANE! Okay, honestly, I would have to admit, I was really not in the right state of health to endure a gig, suddenly attacked with some sort of headache that KILLED and the sweating and shizz. But I have to say one thing. If there was one thing that made this event memorable, it was what Aaron said: okay this is not directly quoted but it was how I remembered it. "I wrote this song (Can we start again) to talk about the things that bring us together. Because where we come from, people are so busy living with the things that tear us apart"... Sumpah betul giler ayat tu. Beautiful. It gave me friggin goosebumps.


Aside from the sentimental, the place went mental to Bane, they were superbly humble and played songs that the crowd loved, and they loved the crowd for showing that much energy and support. It was a very welcoming, very warm mood that settled at One Cafe that day, which was a nice feeling. Oh and thank you Aaron for being sarcastic with me by going "Call the police!" when I said "Someone lost a shoe". LOL. All in all, a great but way too short set for those (like Ezzart) who had waited so long to catch them.

Yeah, go Moshi :)


Despite the headaches, Celine decides that the gig was worth going to after all.

No comments: