KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mari Bergonjeng & XEdge the Movie @ Noisy Studio

After a long talk with a taxi driver about topics of highway ghosts and spiritual beliefs, sharing experiences that were weird and other-worldly, followed by a monotonous transiting of LRTs to reach Ampang, I finally arrived at Noisy, thinking I was late, only to, typically, find that the event had not started. Fair enough. Chilled with Moshi and waited for the rest of the people to slowly crowd up the place. Saw Linda and Syafiq, followed by Fahmy and Faez.


Headed in and had a pretty awesomely good punk band pumping up the crowd, as I set up the Flames Festival flyers to promote the tickets, and managed to capture a few lame ass pictures. Grr.


Spent most of the event just chilling at the booth listening to awesome punk music, while talking to Azmal POH once in a while. Went in and out, to the stage and back every so often to exercise my legs and when I got bored sitting. Haha. Pretty lazy gig for once.




The one band I remember catching for a short while was Stick No Bill, who were before Thy Regiment (the band I went for). Energetic, well known by their friends and supported to the max with a lot of sing-alongs and 'having fun's. A good set.


And finally. THY REGIMENT!! :) Azam, awh. HAHA. We had lots of fun using a marker and drawing fanatic messages across our body parts to support TR, but my hyper-energy was muffled out a bit when I saw everyone walking out as TR stepped on stage. Kata united, but why, just because its a band that's not punk... semua keluar? That kind of annoyed me. But I was pleased to see some of those who went out come in, and though did not participate in the crowd, still stood and supported TR, which is really what a good crowd is about. Good on you guys.

TR were, of course, as always, a booster, and pumped adrenaline through us all. Love these guys, and loved their new song, which was sooorta like Hatebreed/Restraint-ish, but who gives, it was good.


And finally, Johnny Comes Lately, the one band I never seen live but was excited to catch. Heard their CD, heard that they were going to be at the Skafest in Cherating, so I was avid to catch them before Cherating. Yeehoo. Good, solid, confident playing, took a little long to set up, but once they took off, they flew through smooth. Skankalicious (not THAT kind of 'skank', I meant the music definition of 'skank' thankyouverymuch)


The gig finished at that, and the place was cleared out to get ready for the XEdge Movie that was screening at the same venue. It was over an hour if I was not mistakened, and factual about how Straight Edge and everything started. I didn't really agree much with what Youth of Today's vox had to say, but everyone has their opinions. I enjoyed it and definitely I feel it opened up minds to what SxE is all about.


Celine now cannot wait for some real action.

1 comment:

Lyndz Dyscalculia said...

haha Mimi's in ur pic!