KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Kelelawar Malam & Ghaust LIVE @ One Cafe, KL

It's always cool when there's a night-time gig at One Cafe, because you're not at the stage of dying of thirst or exhaustion by night in the usual day to night gigs. And you can spend the day with your mother, like I did :D

Arrived at One Cafe and chilled around, checking out merch, selling zines and chatting with the One Cafe aunty :D She rocks man.
"Esok datang ke? ada gig lagi kan?"
HAHAHAHA! DUDE! I was like 0.0

Anyway, first band, Pazahora. Blew my mind. Extremely caught us by surprise, they were filled with so many creative and interesting riffs and melodies, reminded me a little of Saosin mixed with Love Me Butch mixed with some hardcore punkkk. Really crazy stuff. I love. Bought their CD. And loved them even more because they gave free sticker AND a free patch! A NEW PATCH FOR MY PANTS WOOHOO!

Doesn't he look like Patrick FoB?

Went back outside and saw a few more friends had arrived, and went back in for Indonesian band Ghaust. Seeing that the rest of the bands were pretty heavy, I was expecting Ghaust to be somewhat equally raw and heavy. Heavy it was, pretty much, but raw? No way in hell. Sophisticated, sleek guitars with an amazing drummer by his side, the two-piece were... heavenly. They played post-metal/post-rock, and obviously I fall for all that stuff, so I was completely lost in my own world during their set. LOVE!


Next band was Khayall, what I heard many call 'stoner rock', or maybe they were talking about the other band?? Haha. I went to 7e to buy top-up at this point so I gave my camera to Azri to take. Thanks for the pictures!
Heard the band from outside, pretty good :)


I was a bit annoyed when we saw some police-looking people come and harass the owner of One Cafe (checking on permits no doubt), but the gig, luckily, still went on. Stupid assholes, leave our music alone.

Went back in to catch one more band before we left to catch a movie, and I was glad it was Kelelawar Malam!!!! YES! We didn't pay RM20 and miss the main band! (Well, RM40, because I bought the gig t-shirt, too)

I understood immediately what they meant by "These guys are the Indonesian Misfits." HAHA. There were some songs that echoed a lot of Misfits, and no doubt, the crowd loved it!! Hehe. If I wasn't holding a bag filled with valuables I would've gone crazyyyy. But I was happy enough watching everyone else go crazy and catch the kickass band. Kickass drums, kickass solos, kickass vocalisttttt :P

Nobeat slightttlyyy drunk? XD



Headed off to BB to catch Eclipse, but the plan failed, so we ended up catching The Karate Kid, which was AWESOME! I almost wanted to punch the stupid kung fu master, WARGH!!!!! Heh. Anyhoo, an awesome night, chilled at Pulau afterwards before heading home. Life is once again complete.



Celine wants more of Ghaust-like bands!

No comments: