KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nike KL Cup w/ Nidji LIVE @ Dataran Merdeka

After a long pause from reviewing gigs for magazines, I was again assigned! Pretty excited about it and excited because it was a FREE Nidji show, I headed to Dataran Merdeka with Azam calling me, yelling "IT'S STARTED BUT THE GUARDS WON'T LET ME IN THE STAGE AREA!". It was annoying, we were not allowed despite the tags. How the hell could we take photos? Eesh.


Arrived to Azlan and The Typewriter playing their 2nd last song, and went to find Azam, who took us to where SYAMELLLLLL!!!!! and his girlfriend were. Was so happy to seeee himmmm! Haha PFFT! :)


Sang along to Lagu Untukmu and watched Pesawat and Forty Winks, heading away from the crowd as Bunkface played. I don't have pictures of these named bands here, because it would be pointless. There was a massive white pitch between the stage and crowd, so all the pictures were stupidly small. Had Azam (the other one) calling me when Bunkface performed and arrived in time for the football finals.


Apit playing a game haha.


The finals of the football games was exciting, I actually found myself supporting teams and such. The winners get to go to Brazil and train!!! SO COOL!!! WARGH!

All that football mania now out of the way, we could refocus on a proper concert now, with the pitch uncovered and barriers taken away to allow us closer to the stage. Pop Shuvit was the third last act of the night and played a total of only 3 songs (or was it 4?) inclusive of Old School Rocka and Mara Bahaya. Not bad laaa, got the crowd moving, as always, and spiked a certain energy in the crowd to ready themselves for One Buck Short.



One Buck Short was well interesting, and I was so amused at the fact that the bassist looked like my friend from class. HAHA. Was pogo-able, was singalong-able, a typical OBS set that entertained the crowds. Definitely a good band to watch live, no doubt!


Then it was time for NIDJI!!


What can I say? Catching them for the second time was so worth it, even more than the first time. They were amazing. Giring really has a way with his vocals. Pierces rightttt into hearts man. Arrghhh.


Nidji played favourites such as Hapus Aku, Heaven and Biarlah (the last song), and played MY favourite as first song, "Kau dan Aku" :)

But the one song that really really really killed me was Sudah. They played Jangan Dilupakan before Sudah, twisting in a little bit of humour with a dedication to Siti Nurhaliza, but still made me tear up in the end when he sings "Jangan pernah lupakan/aku dengan.... etcetc"... but the tears went into full downpour when I heard the song end and turn into the rhythm for Sudah. The first line "Salahkan aku" completely knocked me out. Couldn't sing at all throughout because I was in so much tears. HAHA. What a loser of me. XD


Nidji finally ended with Biarlah to lift the mood up, also having played songs like Heaven and Shadows, whilst playing other songs on the similar spectrum to Sudah such as Child and Aku Samantan. A lovely performance, one that was worth spending the whole day waiting. For sure.
A priceless show it was, indeed.


After the show, I dried up my tears and headed to Uptown Damansara with Ghostbumps (Moe, Moshi, Mia and Jijol) to have dinner before heading to Bukit Tunku to search for some spooks. :)


This night will remain with Celine forever.

No comments: