KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Am David Sparkle LIVE in KL @ MAPKL Black Box Dutamas

*A note before I begin: The reason why there is no update on United Against Racism 3 is because I lost my camera that night, so all my pictures were lost, including my mood.*

-------------

There is nothing better than going to a venue nearby your house to lean back on the walls and relax to pure post-rock. But the night turned out to be a lot more hectic for me than I planned. Was late to pick my friend up so we ended up missing Deepset, which almost broke my heart into millions of pieces; they were the reason I wanted to go in the first place. WHY DID THEY PLAY FIRSTTTT?

Came in time for the second act, another awesome band, Sphere. Started snapping pictures and realized I had left my memory card at home. Almost screaming in frustration, left the venue, sped to my house, grabbed the card, came back and Akta Angkasa was already playing their final song. Brilliant. That's three great bands in a row I missed.

This left me with only the final two. But that was enough to blow my mind anyway. :)

They Will Kill Us All. The comeback with Edwin as frontman is not a disappointing one. Sure we miss the hyped up, zoned out flair of Fizul and his despair-choked vocals but Edwin's sophisticated yet raw edge brings the band to a new height. His screams futile and his singing natural, TWKUA is not much different from where they last left off. Music still whole and rich, overflowing with emotions and tiptop arrangements, TWKUA played a set that killed any doubters of their reformation.






























































Hung out outside for a bit and chatted with the band members and friends who had all come for the event as the last act, I am David Sparkle, from Singapore set up and got ready to perform.






























































Then it was time for the final act, and the countdown to Haziq and Ezzart's birthday!!! :) An amazing set that fluctuated from soft and heavy. With sudden explosions of guitar and drums contrasting the minimalist plucking and delays, I Am David Sparkle was a journey through the milky way, the beating of a heart. It was a set that shook us inside out and had us feeling bare to our own emotions. The heavier tunes were lined with the crowd's emotions, the slow, ethereal tunes captivated me inside my own mind. A great set.





















































Wished Ezzart and Haziq happy birthdayyyy then went to Bestari to chill with Beatburns and gang!! :)














































Celine wishes these two loverlies a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. 19.12.2010.

No comments: