KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Flames Festival 2010 @ One Cafe, KL


Flames Festival! Would've been absolutely a killer if I didn't only have three hours of sleep, waking up and freaking out at the time before russshhhinggg to One Cafe like a maniac. Walking really quickly towards One Cafe when Panjang TR called me from behind. This made me realize that shit everyone was there already. Managed to sell all my pre-sale tickets (woohoo!) and sat with all my favourite peoplessss behind BT's table and all the other AKD people surrounding us. Nguhhh.



Everyone was going crazy because SiksaKubur was on the table beside ours. I however, was way too sleepy, trying to wake myself up. Then Myo comes to me and goes "Andre SK would like to kirim salam kat you". Haha. Finally, after about an hour of waiting we were finally ready to start.

Catastrophe was the first band, a real waste, they should've been somewhere smack in the middle, they have the rage and energy to not just be an opening act. Pity. I would've loved to see them when I was already all wasted and sweaty, not when I was still unmotivated to do anything. But I did have a fairshare of headbanging to them. Cheh, Nadzim. XD




Our MCs of the day:
Ijam, how does it feel to be on this stage but not perform? HAHA

Next up: Proclaim My Victory. Extremely awesommme! I was blown away - well okay that's an exaggeration. I was surprised at how much potential these guys have. I really enjoyed their set and they made me go almost crazy.



Then, then, then... Caladrius! As usual, a hyperball of energy and strong vocals coming from Nash. Again they led us in on their awesome Killswitch cover of Roses of Sherryn. Noiceee!



And what else can you expect other than sheer noise and angst bursting out of Massacre Conspiracy? MORE noise and angst! They laid no mercy for their crowd to grasp a breath, MC16 thundered down a strong set of familiar tunes for the fans to indulge in and those new to them to watch in awe.



Then we went out for a break and caught a lil bit of The Padangs, as we got ready for Fall of Mirra from Singapore. And hell. They were GOOOOOD!


Fall of Mirra: A stir of adrenaline rush and rage flowing through One Cafe, from the stage to the crowd and back!

Pause. A perfect time to have a pause as Kids on the Move took their time setting up, for everybody was then left breathless after the powerpack of Fall of Mirra. Definitely a band that's worth a mention around places.


Kids on the Move! As usual, they always put on a full-on show for their fans every time they set foot on stage (and when Min sets foot at the drums, you know it's going to be good, right?).


Swiftly after them was The Vampirates from Australia! Awesome, awesome stuff, they were going crazyyy, especially the vocalist who was standing on the amps and jumping into the crowds and just flinging himself everywhere. Extremely enthusiastic set from them, no doubt about that.


This Sunday. Nothing else to say, they always try to put on a good show and they did at Flames. Though there was a newly inserted song that seemed a little too draggy, I am still always impressed by their breakdown moments and their guitar melodiessss :) A band that will always be fresh to my ears.


Next up was Black Territory. A standard performance by them, but they were a lliiiiittle bit faulty. Here is Apit, shaking his head to the timing. Chillax la, Bukhari. :P


Then we had another rest before the final band of the night; SiksaKubur.


One word: Neck. My neck was in painnnn, and my eyes felt like they were about to bleed by the end of their performance. My head was already hurting from all the headbanging I did with the lack of sleep, but when you headbang to SiksaKubur, it's an entirely different story. Apa lagi, when you have a drummer who sounds like he's playing on a chainsaw, and can give over a one minute solo? Haha.


An extremely brilliant set by these Indonesian otais, too bad I couldn't buy their shirt (at least I had a free Flames tee hehe). Would love to catch them again, and this event can definitely go far if it was a much bigger event, with perhaps two stages, and more bands that people know and love?


If the bruises Celine gets are from gigs and nothing else, it's fine by her. :)

No comments: