KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gig-Hopping!: Wolles Fest @ One Cafe & Dance Punk Party @ Noisy Studio

Damn it. Sorry for the late updates again. I was waiting for a friend to upload Dance Punk Party pictures so I could insert them in, but he hasn't uploaded any so whatever, can't wait any longer! Battery died a bit after I arrived at DPP... :(

ANYWAY! Was a pretty hectic day in mind, had to tursh to One Cafe, play a set with Beatburns then rush to Noisy Studio to play two sets with Enrai and MOIST. As usual, we fretted for nothing. Arrived at One Cafe to the beginning of the soundcheck (there were delays with the mixers and stuff), so we had to wait hours before our set.

We were bored:


Headed in and out a lot, to check out a few bands which we felt were really good. All the bands I have never seen live before blew me away! Like... literally I felt my body going oiwejifneidsihfkewciefh. They were awesome. To name a few, Unexpected Mercy, Blindfold Hero, Dead Eyes Glow, Sammael Abraham. I couldn't stay in time for Her Silent Wish (sob sob!).

Unexpected Mercy. Probably the best female drummer in KL I have seen so far. Blew my mind.


"Aku tgh berzapin ni." - Apit. LOL

A Ruthless Cleansing. One of the most polished hardcore/metal bands so far in the scene, rarely doing gigs but with a massive potential. I was supposed to feature with them on stage that day, but I had no time to go jamming with them... so... tough luck man. Hahah. An awesome show by these dudes, got me headbanging like crazy in the front and singing along at parts I could remember in "Anarchist Manifesto". Whoo!


Next up was Dead Eyes Glow, but I couldn't catch them because Elle was freaking out with the disaster Moshi did with her hair HAHAHA. It was pretty funny, he just took the razor and just randomly scraped her head. But here are some pictures Moshi took as I had to sit outside fixing his mistakes. :P

Went back in for the next two bands that pierced through our veins, one inclusive of Blindfold Hero. GOD THEY WERE TOTALLY ORGASMIC. I moshed and headbanged like crazy here, completely ignoring the fact that I had a performance soon. Haha.




Yeah. The pictures say it all.

Then we had Sammael Abraham, MC16's vox's project band (I forgot the name WARGH!) who played pop/punk-ish stuff which was pretty cool, and then Starting Fight who got into shit for playing a set longer than was allowed... then us. Haha




How we did? Let me be honest, I wasn't really happy with the set. Because of the time, things were rushed, and we only played two songs. I got confused with whether the mic level was too high or too low... That aside, it was still an 'okay' performance. And a good start for us at One Cafe. Thanks, Ax, for inviting. :)

---------------

We then headed to Ampang, me, Apit, Moshi, Nurul, Ezzart... Met up with Jarrod who was inside listening to Ben's Bitches performing. Goddammit I missed them! Will be uploading the pictures on this section once I get hold of em, not to worry! But here are a little bit of pictures my camera managed to take throughout the show.


I was surprised to see my cousin at the venue and found out he was going to be performing with his band Goey's Garage (I think that was it), and was even more surprised to find the music pretty kickass. Raw, wild, hectic, it really was punk. Haha.


Of course we had the familiar best-ofs, like Kaosbeat, The Voks and Round Robin. Dancedancedanceeeeee. I had already missed a lot of my fav bands, which suckkkssss. Ngrr. Parttimelovers, sorry I missed your set. At least I bought your CD :)


Then M.O.I.S.T and Enrai performed. I was more satisfied with the M.O.I.S.T set, though I forgot my cymbals for the drums, so the sound was empty and bland... Nguh!!!! But hey, good sets altogether, and there were loads of people. WHOOHOO! DPP!

Sold my zine (RM3), made a lot of profit which I used to photocopy more. Anyone interested, look out for where I will linger at the bottom of the blog page at the Upcoming Shows: section and come along to a gig :)
[Mind] Explosions - RM3


Celine enjoys gig-hopping.

No comments: