KL GIGS

It's all about smoke & sweat.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

KL Big Party @ One Cafe, KL

MAN, I can FINALLY update my blog! Finally found the time after two weeks of having problems with my laptop. Geez. Anyway. Let's bring me back to three weeks ago when I had stepped into One Cafe, kena kacau'd by the aunties there (heehee) and waiting for KL Big Party to begin.

I arrived, and I think I terus masuk kot? The gig had already started when we arrived, or was about to start, I remember sitting with Amirul, Jijol and everibadi before heading in to catch Betrayal Conflict.

In all honesty? CUTE DOH! We named this HAPPY-CORE because the band members, especially the vox, Rabun, kept on smiiiilinggg! HAHAH. Like he was soo happy to be on that stage, despite the angsty genre they played, he was all smiles. Good stuff, though, well deserved to have their sticker (thanks guys :)) on my room door and my phone. LOL


Then next up was: AWANBAND! We were ready to embarrass Ully as he stepped on stage, harassed him non-stop and messed with his mind as he was setting up and while he was performing. Rockstar dohhhh. :) Awanband were AWESOME. So danceyy, so indie, so... energetic! :) If I wasn't holding my camera or not trying to lose my spot in front of Ully I would've definitely joined the crazy, crazy crowddd. The crazy crowd was fun to watch from far, but at the end of the event, they got to me (will explain further down the post...).


Went back out to chill with the friends, especially Kolep who I hardly see, and Fami who came down from JB. Bestnye :)


Paling kelakar... TWINS:

Then? Heterodox. Gempak la, apa lagi. Headbang headbang. Keramat is the law! Faham2 je la :)


I somehow skipped a lotta bands because my mood started to fade because of a few factors, one of which included a minor internal conflict and a growing anger towards the crowds who were so... rough with each other. There's a difference between being rough in the pit and being rough in the pit and towards others. I saw a guy, I'm embarrassed to say I actually know him (name disclosed) who, instead of moving away from a dancing boy flinging his arm at him unintentionally, decides to kick him. Bodoh sial. Just move a bit away cukup lah, buat apa nak violence2? Anyway, went back in for Couple, a must-not-miss, per usual. "Hey kawan-kawan, jom kasih pecah!" :) Their catchiness will never ever get old, let me tell you that. :)


Lepak ngan kawan2 again. Nothing better to do man. HAHA.


Went in to catch S.O.G. Awesome shiz! The crowd was crrrraaaaazzzyyyy during their set! They had very interesting riffs, the two guitarists were brothers (twins??) and the music definitely had my head spiinnnninnng.


They were followed swiftly by the AKD favourites, Naratu! They had a new song for the crowd, of which I already knew because I had gone catch their jamming session previously. Haha.
Ijam: "Kitorang ada sebuah lagu baru untuk korang-"
Us: "Pergi mampos!"
Ijam: "Oh, dah tau pulakk."

Their performance? T.E.R.B.A.I.K


Had a headache, dah la tak cukup tido semua. Went to the monorail station to meet Laine from Brunei :) Took her to one cafe and introduced her to all my kaki gigs (LOL) and helped her choose a local band's t-shirt. Cun2. Too bad she couldn't stay for a while longer. Haihh.


The Times! Gempak la, apa lagi, it's been ages since I last caught them live, so I was excited. But again, the crowd pissed me off. There's no point singing "Rasa sayang, tunjuk perasaan" ramai2 if you guys aren't even doing what the song's telling you to do.


And finally. Restraint! This was my ultimate disappointment of the night. My mood had descended greatly since the first band and this was the first time ever I did not feel the tick to mosh to Restraint. Bengang. I felt so shitty afterwards. Nguhhh. But other than that, Restraint were of course, tight as always and full of fire.



Celine would wish to have this gig again minus all the flaws.

No comments: